Collective Academy is looking for an experienced professional to help us expand our impact. You will report to the CEO and get exposure to a broad set of experiences including strategy, people operations, sales, community building, and project management, among others.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the Learning and Talent Development space and comes from a consulting or operations background.
Accelerate Latin America’s economic and talent development by creating learning experiences that impact 100,000 professionals.
As the Chief of Staff you will be in charge of ensuring the CEO is prioritizing the right things; level up the team, and lead special projects that support the company’s priorities.
- Assist and communicate with executives in decision-making, project management and initiative implementation
- Oversee daily operations through collaboration with department leaders, performing an array of administrative tasks form managing calendars, planning and coordinating corporate meetings
- Build and develop relationships with all heads and managers for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations
- Manage the recruiting processes
- Collaborate with the team to make sure we are the best place to work in the Education/Talent development space.
Strategy and Fundraising
- Prepare monthly/quaterly investor updates
- Coordinate the Board meetings preparation
- Support the Series A fundraising process
- Analyze key trends in the Higher Education and Learning & Development space and understand how they play into our strategy
- Manage the quarterly OKR setting process and follow-up meetings
- Verify that the objectives are met according to the company’s vision
- Lead key initiatives of the company such as: Expansion, Organizational Structure, Storytelling, among others.
- Seek business and organization alliances with other companies/organizations that contribute positive actions to the company.
- Follow-up with potential partners so the key initiatives move forward.
- Manage the Collective Academy network of contacts and connections.
- Become a spokesperson for the company in different conferences and forums.
- Design and execute a corporate communication strategy.
- Draft speeches and presentations.
- Help manage CEO’s time and priorities
- Improve current processes and coordinate organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity
- Create solutions and strategies for the growth of the company.
- Special projects as requested by the CEO
What you’ll need:
Our ideal candidate:
- Has 3-5 years of experience in consulting, operations, or project management.
- Passionate about talent development and education.
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments, as well as planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Has ease in collaborating with subject matter experts and synthesizing feedback
- Thrives working in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Familiarity with Google Suite, Excel, PowerPoint or Keynote and other technology platforms.
- 100% fluent in English and Spanish
- Organized and focused
- Decision Quality and Problem Solving
- Learning on the Go
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Presentation Skills
- Analytical thinking
- Action Oriented
- Ground floor opportunity to shape the direction of an innovative education company
- Competitive salary for a startup, with additional benefits after year 1
Start date + Location:
January 2020 in Mexico City, Mexico
If you’d like to apply, please email us your resume and LinkedIn profile to Pato Bichara – pato [at] collectiveacademy.com. Additionally, feel free to include a Cover Letter.
About Collective Academy
Collective Academy is a new academic institution rethinking higher education. We are transforming Latin America’s talent landscape by:
1) accelerating the careers of young professionals and middle managers, increasing their productivity and developing them into lifelong learners and,
2) helping their organizations become a place where these professionals want to thrive.